The ‘Culture Brigade’

The online world is filled with views from people of all walks of life on the current hot topic. I was stumped to see the pink chaddi campaign on Facebook. Hats off to Nisha Susan. I just have one doubt Mr Muthalik is wanted by police so I don’t expect him to be present in person to receive the box of undies.
I don’t know much about culture because to be frank I have not read about it. Whatever small things I know I have learnt from my family.
Mr Muthalik here is the list I think u can take it up in the name of Indian culture and gain some positive press too ad most of all some credibility.
1. Please protest against the people who dump their parents into old age homes. Please make them remember the story Shravan and Ram who were ready to die for their parents. Is this not the true Indian culture which u should popularise?
2. In India it is said that Children are equal to God. Take action against the people who cut off limbs of innocent children and force them into begging.
3. Women have always held the highest respect in India. Maa Durga, Maa Lakshmi, Maa Saraswati are the prime examples. Every form of quality or aspiration is represented by women. Money, Knowledge and Power. Take action against people who commit atrocities against women. Where were you when Jessica Lal murder case was going on?
4. Our culture teaches us to be honest and kind to all irrespective of their caste, creed and race. I guess u have forgotten that it was Lord Ram who ate at a small hut of Shabri and was the best friend of a Navik. Mr Muthalik do work on upon propagating these traits amongst the new generation if u want to inculcate Indian culture.
Mr Muthalik, I have not read the Gita or other manuscripts. But I know what is right and what is wrong. The one thing is for sure is that ‘Anything done in Excess is injurious to health’. I fail to understand the ulterior motives u have behind these petty campaigns, but am sure u r going to get back everything – as they say in Hindi “sut samet vapas milega” ( u will get it back with interest).
We don’t need to go all out and try to change the world. I feel if u can set an example in ur ‘circle of influence’ u have done ur part. This is part of philosophy of our NGO Friend for Care. We call this the Cascade Effect. Mr Muthalik, please stop and think once. As they teach u in MBA, Mr Muthalik it is not advisable to work on a deliberate strategy always. Strategy emerges as various events unfold around you and u need to act according to them.

Comments

Popular Posts