Domino Effect of Change

I believe everybody remembers their childhood days. How our parents encouraged us to speak a new word, to take one more step and remember one more word. But life changed as soon as you had learnt all of it. The same parents tried to tell us not to run, to talk less and not to ask more questions. What changed in just couple of years?

As we grow up the tendency to try new things and experiment is always curbed by people, surroundings sometimes even by education.

I started a completely new journey 4 months back. I did not tell many people due to the fear of rejection. I felt I should make a mark and then declare it to everyone.

But slowly I realized, it does not matter whether I succeed or fail I should be proud of what I was doing.

My change of track was also not taken very well. Many uncomfortable questions were asked, many names were given. Some of friends even called me a salesman.

I distributed some material to listen, read and watch amongst friends who did not have an ounce of regard for it.

The best part of this journey was that my parents and my life partner supported me always. I guess this was one thing that kept me going. I constantly reminded myself that I am working towards my family’s future. I was working for their well being and I was working towards their financial security so that even if am not there with them at any point of time they would live a life of comforts.

Change is not easy for anyone. Change almost every time is brought upon us by family, company or nature. It takes a lot of guts to bring about a change ourselves. After starting my own business I have met a lot of people who want to something extra, something exciting but don’t do it just because it would change a lot of things and what people would think.

The one most important thing I realized is that to grow you have to change. Lets take an example of average IT job. A software developer has to change some qualities in him to become a team leader. He has to again undergo specific training to grow and become a project manager. The same person cannot move through the roles and progress he has to change.

The progress I am talking about is not in the job life or only limited to promotions. I am talking about a life of significance and importance. Do you really feel you can be the same and have a life like that? The answer is NO. Someone rightly said the world is changing so fast today that to be in the same position you have to keep running. Friends then do think if you have to move forward I feel you will have change gears from running to a leap.

A millionaire once said if people are laughing and mocking at you then probably you are doing something right, but if they are not then for sure you are doing anything right.



Start thinking about the current position you are in and what position you want to be lets say 10 years down the line. Think holistic. Do not think only about salary, or position in job but also about your personal life. Because as we grow in professional career we start losing out on personal career and believe me the latter is more important as job may not be there but our family will always be there.



Do take a right decision and start working on it.

Comments

Popular Posts