Influencing Practice

We all know the Global financial turmoil has taken its toll on the placements across all Management as well as graduate colleges. With job cuts across the board the situation is truly grim. But I am not writing this to tell you which u have read and heard in all the news channels umpteen number of times. I am going to tell you a story of top Indian B-school and the effect of the bad job scenario in the way never heard of.
First let us understand the placement process at any typical B-school.
Every B-school has a number of courses running simultaneously. Every course has its own placement committee. So every committee contests with each other for the best jobs. Well people don’t realize when the contest turns ugly.
Now that we have base ready let us get on with the story. This story is between the flagship course and two new courses of the college.
Insecurity corrupts the working of a healthy mind. Picture this – Placement Student Coordinator of the flagship course sends a mail to the company saying that the students of the other 2 courses are of poor quality with poor CAT scores and you should refrain from recruiting them.
I must say that he has guts. He sent the mail from his official college mail id.
I am not the one who would give judgment whether what he did was correct or not. I only know there are two ways to deal with a problem – The right way or the easy way. I will leave it to you which way did he choose.
I only see one loser in the whole incident – the college. What will happen if this news goes public with proof of the act? There has been no perceptible action taken by the college after incident was reported so I feel the college does not care about its reputation. I will take your leave now as I have to prepare for my placements and hopefully I will do it the right way.

Comments

  1. well, i belong to the institute you are referring to, it is sad to know that faculty may also be involved...there is infact a lobby that supports the activity you mentioned, careers are being played with and there is no action being taken. i just have one advice to aspiring students, never join a new course of a good and old B-school, how ever good it maybe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I belong to the same institute as well.. There is nary a thing which we can do about it... But yes I believe what raised in the right way will be heard...Lets not let the chips fall apart...I am glad you came out with the post.. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts